Search This Blog

Friday, April 11, 2014

My freezer inventory -April

I absolutely have to have an inventory of what is in my freezer. It is a chest freezer, so if I don't I can't see most of the stuff in there. Also I use my inventory to plan out my meals two weeks at a time on a dry erase board on my fridge. This way I can thaw the food the night before, and never have to think about it! 

Making a plan for what to eat each day was our biggest hurdle, and it often ended in eating out, because it got too late to cook.

I use the white board to update what we ate once a week, so I am not having to update my inventory on the computer every day.

So here is a list of what is in my freezer right now. It is organized by color based on the month it was put in the freezer. This way I can make sure to use the oldest stuff first and keep it rotated. There would be no point making more spaghetti sauce if I already have 4 in there! Also the quanity is next to the item, and red items are things I have used up and need to replenish (or remove from the list if they didn't work)

This is the part where YOU come in! Let me know what recipes you would like (in the comments), and I will be happy to make a new post with my recipes, links to other recipes used, or info where you can find the ones I can't post. 

(if there is a 'C' next to the recipe, it is a crock pot recipe)


Happy Cooking!



Main dishes
  • ground beef enchiladas -1
  • pkg of 2 breaded chicken breasts -1
  • 3 pack chicken breasts -2
  • pkg of 2 regular chicken breasts -4
  • Crock pot chicken alfredo -1 C
  • chicken fajitas -1
  • bbq spare ribs -1 C
  • hamburger potato casserole -1 C
  • beef stew -2 C
  • spaghetti sauce with hamburger -2
  • calzones (3 in pkg) -0
  • turkey stock -3       shredded turkey -2
  • kabob chicken  -1
  • chicken pot pies -1
  • crock pot or skillet orange chicken -1 C
  • cilantro lime chicken -1 C
  • chili -1 C
  • tater tot casserole -2
  • cube steaks with gravy -1 C
  • pizza casserole -2 C
  • mountain dew chicken -1 C
  • zuppa toscana (olive garden copy cat recipe) -0 C
  • tomato steak stew -2 C
  • ham and potato soup -1 C
  • french dip 0
  • shepherds pie -1
  • shrimp scampi with penne -2
  • balsamic brown sugar pork roast- 2 C
  • chicken cordon blue rolls- 8
  • beef tips with gravy -1 C
  • ham and bean soup -1 C
  • mongolian beef -2 C
  • cream cheese chicken and rice -2 C
  • chicken parmesan with penne pasta-2 C
  • regular beef roasts in broth and seasonings -2 C
  • stuffed shells with chicken -2
  • hawaiian pork -2 C
  • spaghetti sauce (no meat) -3



individual meals
  • breaded chicken -2
  • Seasoned chicken breasts 6
  • salmon -1
  • rice -1
  • mashed potatoes -1



sides

  • twice baked potatoes -1
  • funeral potatoes -1
  • brown rice -3
  • bacon ranch potatoes -1
  • mashed potatoes -3

No comments:

Post a Comment